Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Life is like a roller coaster ride. Birthdays are the parts where you look down and get sick.

I went to Busch Gardens today with my friend Lara since I hadn't been in quite a while. She works at the local hospital and had a little time available before her weekly volleyball game in Rocky Point. Since I live so close, I decided to take advantage of the deal at the park where Florida residents can purchase a single day ticket and get a pass that is valid for the rest of the year. Although it does not include amenities such as free parking or food discounts, I figure it was a good enough deal since it would actually take me less time to ride the bicycle to the front gates than it would to take the car, park, wait for the tram, and then walk to the turnstiles (plus waiting to board right when the park is closing and everyone else is trying to leave).

I've always really enjoyed the evening ambiance and like to go to the park for a couple of hours every 2-3 weeks when there are few people around. One can still get a free beer or two at the hospitality house if they wish and practically ride all the coasters as much as they like. We were able to hit the Gwazi wooden roller coaster twice in a row without getting back in line since there was no one waiting when we returned to the station. Since she hadn't been previously, we rode the dive coaster, SheiKra, a couple of times before heading over to Egypt and taking a ride on Montu, the coaster that has the track above the cars. I think it was a little much for me a start to feel a little bad after the last trip and decided I had enough of the rides for the day (I blame my dad's genes for that since he is pretty susceptible to motion sickness).

No comments: