Thursday, January 26, 2006

"Swing hard in case they throw the ball where you're swinging"

Well, I have finally decided to try to kill this 'white boy syndrome' that seems to be afflicting me! At the encouragement of my friend Adrienne through a Christmas gift, I am going to start taking dance lessons. I wasn't sure where to get started and so spent some time last week and last night checking out local dance studios and getting advice from fellow patrons (and even had a salsa lesson last week). I think I have decided to take up east coast swing. I'll start in February by taking the Thursday night class at the Swing City Dance Studio and then check out the Swing Gang at the Zendah Grotto on Sunday evenings. I considered salsa, however I've always just loved swing music and the style of dress (of course hot women swaying to Latin music is always good too). I'm looking forward to it, so we'll see how things turn out.

No comments: