Friday, January 27, 2006

"My knowledge is no match for his ignorance."

On Friday I went to a friend's house for taco night get-together. I've known Monica for a little over a year and even got her into hashing. She co-hared (lead) a trail with me in December that went through an abandoned warehouse, old WWII airfield runways, and down my neighborhood where nearly every house is light up for the holidays in a pretty detailed manner. She went all out and had Latin music playing (every time someone came in they would ask why Telemundo was playing) and a paint can (yes, a paint can) of margarita mix for later consumption. The tacos were scrumptious with some imported salsa from her feather in Wisconsin that was an added fillip. I met her nice roommate Laura and chatted with her other friends for a while. Jodi brought over a game of Trivial Pursuit (DVD edition) and after about 30 minutes of trying to figure out the teams (doesn't bode well for the actual game) we started to play. If completely random knowledge ever comes in use (besides when trying to woo a girl, which might explain my lack of fortune in the past), this is obviously the time. There were a lot of really obscure questions here, though I suspect that some of the folks must stay up at nights just reading the cards by how quickly some things were guessed. Even knowledge of Pokeman, Starcraft, 7th Guest, and Magic the Gathering was quite useful (umm, not that those answers came from me). After a few hours we were close enough to the end that we decided to just have a sudden death round where the first team to guess the final question from the DVD would be deemed the winners. After some furious battling, Monica's team came out ahead and the game was concluded, though apparently my calls for 'the best two out of three' were met with some projectiles. I had to bail by 11 or so since I needed to prepare for the festivities Saturday.

No comments: