Sunday, April 19, 2009

Every man reaps what he sows, except the amateur gardener.

I decided to try putting in a summer garden since it had been many years since I last had something set up. I spent part of the afternoon clearing out the sunny spots in front of the garage and pulling out old elephant ear plants and a few shriveled up pineapple plants that never really produced much. I put down some old window screen to hopefully make the weeding more manageable and hope that I can remember to keep them watered. I'll probably hit Home Depot on the way home and pick up an automatic water timer and hope it can do some good. If things work out, then by the middle of June I should have tomatoes (large and even cherry size), cucumbers, and bell peppers.

If things don't work out I'll put in a Japanese rock garden since I don't think I'll be able to kill that.

No comments: