Friday, April 03, 2009

♪♪"Crashing, in a small airplane, Don't think I'll be coming back again"♪♪

After doing about everything that I had wanted to do on this trip, I decided to head home from Vegas a couple of days earlier than planned. I was a bit drained from all the activities and events and didn't really feel like hanging around any longer; so Southwest was able to get me a new flight booked early. I figured that I had a bunch of things to do for work and also wanted to help a close friend move some stuff before I started work during the week. After dropping my travel companion off at the convention center, I headed downtown a bit to hit one of my favorite geocaches as well as quickly check out Fremont Street during the day. After a few pictures I drove down the strip one more time and stopped by one of my favorite stores, Fry's Electronics, before heading to the car rental place to drop off the car prior to catching my flight. Unfortunately, after arrive in Houston I learned the flight to Tampa was delayed for over 2 hours, so all I could do was listen to my 'Angels and Demons' audio book and read some of my tech manuals. After an uneventful flight home, I was ready to get some much needed rest and recovery in my own bed. Ahh, the simple things in life, there is nothing bigger.


No comments: