Thursday, June 21, 2007

Heading north.

This is the weekend of the NC/SC Interhash campout just north of Charleston SC. Kiddie, VC, and I headed over to Orlando to meet Mams at her place after she got off work. I had promised her a while ago that I would teach her how to SCUBA dive, so I brought over some gear so we could get started in the pool. It had been over a year since I taught a class, however the tasks and skills were still in memory and it nearly felt like I had been recently teaching. After spending a couple of hours in the pool and getting cleaned up, we packed up and started the long drive to Charleston. Road trips tend to go a lot faster when others are around to provide entertainment and it really didn't seem to be all that bad of a drive as we made our way up. the singing, sharing of stories, and text messages constantly being sent and received provided a fair amount of entertainment. Jason (pictured at his new house in North Charleston) was kind enough to provide is shelter for the evening and after getting to his place around 2 o'clock in the morning, we chatted for a while before going to bed.

No comments: