Monday, March 05, 2007

I've spent 90% of my life on fast bikes, chasing girls and partying. The other 10% was wasted.

This weekend was spent at the annual Bike Week event in Daytona Beach. A few friends and I took off Friday afternoon, after spending a half day at work, and headed over. I've been for the previous two years and have always had a good time. Our trip up there was interesting enough with the scenic detours and short cuts (not always the same thing) so we were glad to arrive at the hotel. after registering at the hotel we set up our stuff and went to the lobby to hang out. I don't know way, but I was fairly stoic Friday evening. We hit a couple of bars throughout the evening, but with the chilly temperature, I just was a bit tired from the prior emotionally heavy week. I did still enjoy talking with people that I had not seen in quite a while and running into old friends. though the room was a bit backed with 6 of us packed in the room, I was extremely comfortable and warm on the air mattress and slept well. Saturday brought in rain and more of the chill throughout the day. We started the annual run down main street (where the police shut down the traffic for 5-10 minutes so the group can do their run) and then hopped to several other locations throughout the day. I was looking forward to some shopping and bike viewing but the rain just kind of kept everyone inside. The evening room crawl was fun as we went from floor to floor partying with a different theme in each room.

Sunday was an entirely new day. the weather was bright, and clear and I felt great. After a run down the beach, we packed up and headed to one of the local bars for the end of weekend ceremonies. I don't know what the difference was, but I felt so much better and had the best time of the weekend. Though Bike Week tends to be expensive due to hotel costs, it still is a great time as it gets a lot of folks from all over the country to attend. Though I'm not sure if I'll be going next year due to the proximity of the Australia trip, I wouldn't mind making it an annual event.

No comments: