Monday, February 20, 2006

You know you're getting old if you actually know the band playing at the state fair.

After getting the templates for the granite countertop at the house complete this morning, I had to run to the office to fix a network problem that cropped up this weekend and had everyone offline. Once that was fixed, dad and I went to lunch and then took the rest of the afternoon off to hang out. Since neither of us had not been in a couple of years, we decided to visit the Florida State Fair. I remember when we used to go to the Coastal Carolina Fair in Ladson, South Carolina every year or so when I was a bit more young. The one thing I always looked for was the big yellow slide with the burlap sacks. So just for a bit of reminiscing, I had to buy a few tickets just to do it again. It is funny how in the good ol' days I would spend most of the time in the Midway area on old school favorites such as the Gravitron, Zipper, and pretty much every fun house they had, but now I enjoyed the exhibits even more, especially the photography and student art areas.

Of course, I also had to get an Elephant Ear, however I am sure my nutritionist friend will chastise me, so I promise to do penance by ensuring I have at least one more serving of vegetables for every meal for a week and even add some distance to my daily run. Hummmph, all this for just 2-3 bits of a sugared, deep friend piece of dough. Besides, who wants to grow up and have to completely deny themselves a few guilty pleasures? Speaking of guilty pleasures, I'll be leaving Friday for a trip to New Orleans to attend Mardi Gras and will return Wednesday the 28th. I'm looking forward to my second trip to New Orleans in a year, especially since I got to see it less than a month before Hurricane Katrina hit the area. This should be a pretty fun time and with that and Bike Week in Daytona the weekend I get back, I'm pretty sure that I'll be all partied out for quite a while.

No comments: