Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Why do all goths seem to express their individuality in the same way?


On Monday night I went to The Castle in Ybor with LateNightDriveThru (LDT) from DC. She's in town for the week for vacation and to attend her sister's wedding and wanted to explore the area a bit. She was told to check out the place and, since I had not been there in more than 6 years, dragged me with her (well, I volunteered since I didn't have anything else planned that evening). Though it had been a while, it was about what I had expected and little seemed to have changed. It was still the goth hang out with most people sporting some individual style, which is perfectly fine to me. I was able to chat with a few nice folks that seemed to be a bit out of their element and quite wide eyed, but overall I had a good time (but wish I had known about the coat room so I wouldn't have to carry the darn sweater around the whole time). It was a nice place to hang out, get a cheap beer or two, and even listen to some retro 80's music, but as would be expected, the place stank pretty bad from all the smoke. Even though the temperature was near freezing, I stripped off my shirt and sweater before getting into the truck and threw them in a plastic bag in attempts to try to avoid infecting my vehicle. I'd like to see if we could get into the bar for the clown pub crawl if we do it this year. The contrast would be pretty hilarious. I like the place since it is easier to talk to people than one might expect.

"Goth clubs should serve coffee; ice cold coffee with nails and broken glass and call then 'depresso's"

No comments: