Saturday, November 22, 2008

We have a two party system in our country: us vs Them

About 60 people showed up at our house for a party this weekend. In the early afternoon we set a trail from nearby Limona Park that looped around to come in behind the house and end in my driveway. The trail was long enough and fortunately no one got stung when I have looped a portion a little too close to a local bee farm, but the pack was kept pretty close together. The after-trail party was essentially for the birthday of Kiddie as well as Kristen. I set up some work lights in the wooded area behind the house for some back lighting that ended up looking great. Besides having the daiquiri machine churning out frozen concoctions all night, the kegerator was cold and full, the fire pit was roasting, and the weather was perfect. It was just cool enough to not require kicking in one of the AC units and just nice enough that the small fire provided a nice sitting area outside. Kiddie and Mams picked up some pulled pork, rice, and a few other things while Kristen put in a lot of time making the cheesecakes and they went over incredibly well with the friends. While I'm not sure if I can afford to have this kind of event too often, it was nice to bring together a lot of friends from around the state that I hadn't seen in a while. Several of the folks were good at helping keep the place clean, of which I was quite thankful. It had been a long week with a lot of projects with which I was dealing at the office; so the rest Sunday was quite nice.






No comments: