Sunday, November 02, 2008

Male bonding: Half a dozen guys glued to a TV watching football.

This weekend a couple of friends from California whom I had previously met while on the hash bus tour in Australia came to the Tampa area to visit family this weekend. They couldn't make the has Saturday, which was a shiggy-fest near a local racetrack that most of us never knew existed, but they did come by for a little while on Sunday. Python, Fluffer, and Fluffer's brother picked me up at my house Sunday and we went over to Barnacle's sports bar to watch the last half of the Bucs football game. Barnacle's is locally famous for having over 450 television screens on all the time and most were tuned to the game. The first part was pretty bad I heard with the Bucs down by a significant amount, however in the final quarter they had a huge comeback and ended up winning. I had a great time just chatting away, though Python kept stealing away to feed the lobster catching machine (like what you see in every Wal-Mart, though with stuff animals) though ended up empty handed. After the game we hung out at my place for a while, had a few beers and played some pool while Fluffer's brother played Golden-T on the arcade machine. It was nice to have had a chance to see them again and catch up for a bit, so I'm looking forward to the Inter-Americas event in Colorado next September.

No comments: