Wednesday, August 30, 2006

True swinging does not require ropes or vines.

After a long hiatus due to summer traveling, I went to the swing club on Sunday. I had to run around and scout the running trail for next Saturday's event, but after getting cleaned up I headed over to the Zendah Grotto. There seemed to be a lot more people there than had been since I was last there. My friend Adrienne and her fiance Jesse were there and have been attending pretty regularly. They looked great on the floor and I'm glad to have a chance to be a photographer at their wedding in a few weeks! Since I'm leaving Sunday for the week-long cruise to Grand Cayman, Belize, Cozumel, and Costa Maya, I wanted to get in a bit more dance practice so I won't get as many 'white boy' dance comments as I did last year. :(

This week is spent organizing for the trip and getting in a lot of project work at the office and one of the rental homes. A tenant is moving out and has a serious amount of damage inside from marked up walls, torn window, to a dryer that had lint piled up inside the door. You would think someone would wonder why clothes were not getting dry. Could it be the lack of any exhaust because you didn't check the unit?!? How so many people can be oblivious to the operation of things one which they depend is just beyond me.

I also bought a new small camper this week. I've been researching the old teardrop campers for a little while and found one on eBay that had just what I wanted in terms of style, and features. The big camper is great from large events like at the hash campouts when I usually have 2-5 other people crashing with me anyway, but I wanted something that I could take to the mountains or on diving / kayaking trips without killing gas mileage due to weight and aerodynamic drag. I'll post some pictures when I get back from the trip. The camper is in Tallahassee and I was dreading having to waste 10-12 hours of my life merely driving up there and back just to retrieve it. Fortunately I thought to ask around just before I was about to go and found that one of the hashers that will be going on the cruise this weekend lives in Tallahassee and was willing to pick it up for me. This saved me an incredible amount of time and gas and it was really nice for the guy to be willing to help out another hasher, whom he had yet to meet, in this manner. This kind of camaraderie is one of the things I liked about the group when joining. I may not believe in karma per se, but I think such acts are rewarded. The guy is bringing down the camper for me and I'm hosting a bunch of out-of-towners, setting the trail, and even taking people to the airport, so in the grand 'circle of life' I think it will all work out.

Friday I'm going to check out the 'Counting Crows / Goo Goo Dolls' concert at the Ford Amp since I was able to get ahold of a bunch of tickets and will be taking some of the people I'm hosting for the weekend. I probably won't have time to blog anything until I get back, so I hope you all, assuming anyone even reads my blogs, have a great week. BTW, the picture I posted is something I created when playing around with some photo mosaic software. The picture is constructed using photos that I took when in California. I'm still learning the settings, but for a first attempt, it isn't too bad! You can see the original here.

6 comments:

Jerri said...

Damn, me and my cousin both called you a white guy within 10 minutes of dancing..... we suck.

Rafael said...

this blog sucks

mblitch said...

Don't make me hire out BoneSucker to raspberry you into a giggling mass of epileptic convulsions, again!

Jerri said...

Dang Raf, I'm slacking. I was momentarily experiencing clouded vision/thoughts/mental clarity; it's TMDD's fault.

This blog redefines suckage.

BRAE said...

This blog does suck!!! Has anyone explained this to TMDD?

Jerri said...

Na... We're breaking him in right!!