Friday, March 05, 2010

Isn't the Department of the Interior, in charge of everything outdoors?

Attended the Outdoors Expo and Boat Show at the Floride State Fairgrounds to attend a fossil hunting talk that was given by Teresa Hattaway. It had been a while since I have been fossil diving, but after the talk I chatted with Teresa for a while about diving spots and experiences. Venice Beach, just south of Sarasota, is a well known location I used to pretty often to pick up shark teeth, however my biggest scores were in the Cooper River area of Charleston several years ago. I also saw Ed Ciesla, the operator of the first dive shop that hired me to do some teaching when I first became a dive instructor back in 1998. He still runs the Woods and Water SCUBA and Scout shop in Brandon and was conducting 'Discover SCUBA' classes in the portable pool that had been set up.






















No comments: