Sunday, January 03, 2010

If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there. - L.C.

I attended one of the last performances of 'Wonderland: The Musical' at the Tampa Bay Performing Arts Center. I was accompanied by a close friend that I had been glad to host and had been showing around Tampa a bit before they return home. This production was the world premiere for the new show that will be soon traveling to Texas and possibly Broadway at some point. This was the first musical to be created under the 'Broadway Genesis Project' that is designed to help generate new shows and has the goal of producing at least one new one each year. Most of the show was initially produced in Tampa and contributed a great economic role to the area. The show almost had a feel of the movie 'Hook', the remake of 'Peter Pan' with Robin Williams, in that the title character seemed to have lost their way and their memory of their childhood past and were forced back into that world to return to save or find their child. It had been chilly all week, so I even had my first coffee in probably a year just to help warm up a bit. While I'll never be a regular drinker, the occasional latte may not really be that bad. I really enjoyed the performance and am excited about other upcoming shows, especially Wicked in another month.


No comments: