Saturday, February 14, 2009

Roses smell better than onions but make bad soup.

Last year for Valentine's Day my awesome girlfriend got me me one of the most origional gifts I have ever considered, a bouquet of onions; Remember when Potato had an 'E' and we had lower taxes? This year I tried to duplicate it a bit. For whatever reason, just a couple of days prior we talked about onions, so for Velentine's Day I made her an onion bouquet. I got some large red onions from the grocery store and cut them into rose-like shapes with an exacto knife, sttached stems, and made my own vase to support them. As a final bit of garnishment, I went to Outback just prior to closing last night and picked up a Blooming Onion. Not to be a total copy-cat and unoriginal, I also got her a new Lowepro shoulder sling camera bag that was the next size larger than the one she had been using for a long time and loved so much. She mentioned several times that she'd eventually get a larger one now that she had more accessories and lenses, so I ordered one for her and made sure that it arrived before V-Day. I wish I had throught to take a picture of one of my few ever craft projects, but I think it ended up being decent.

No comments: