Thursday, February 14, 2008

Remember when Potato had an 'E' and we had lower taxes?

Here is a rant I shared with a certain someone a few weeks ago in all humor;

"Don't forget it is also plant day of death. Is it strange on one national day (i.e. Arbor Day) we recognize the importance of planting things and on another day millions of dollars are spent to kill them only to watch them die over the next week? Roses only last like a couple weeks and that's if you leave them in water and then they really only exist to be pretty. So that is like saying "My love for you is transitory and based solely on your appearance".

But a potato! Potatoes last for frigging ever, man. In fact, not only will they not rot, they actually grow stuff even if you just leave them in the sack. That part alone makes it a good symbol! But there is more! There are so many ways to enjoy a potato, mashed, crinkle cut, waffle cut, baked, etc! You can even make a battery with the damn thing and that's like saying "I have many ways in which I show my love for you". Potatoes may be ugly, but they're still awesome so that's like saying 'it doesn't matter at all what you look like, I'll still love you'."


I awoke this morning to a bouquet of potatoes on the kitchen counter. That's right, a literal bouquet of potatoes.

Boys, eat your heart out.

No comments: