Friday, February 15, 2008

Never waste a fair fight on your inferior.

Tis' the season for Elephant Ears, fo' teeth carnies, and bright flashy things. That's right; it is time for the annual Florida State Fair. Kristen took off a half day, so we decide to take advantage of the time by hitting the state fair. Last year I got to see Reel Big fish, but there was nothing on the bill this year in which I was interested. I had wanted to submit one of my photographs for the exhibit and even registered in December, but I had so much going on that I forgot to take in my work until after the submission deadline had already passed.

We walked around Cracker Country for a while and the various exhibits, including the animal feeding area. Apparently animals are known to nibble on the fingers that may feed it, so fortunately I figured a way to avoid that issue. After putzing around until it got dark, we headed for the mid-way. Part of getting old is not be able to enjoy, or maybe tolerate, the rides as much any more. :( Also, the prices for the 'armband day' keeps getting higher and higher with it costing at least $25 this year. Since we're both into photography, we decided to play around with the cameras for a while. I've been wanting to get some light trail shots for a while and brought the tripod just to try to get a few decent shots with slow shutter speeds.

Ever since attending the Coastal Carolina Fair in Charleston when I was young, only the big yellow slide has always remained a constant, so I'm determined that each year I attend I take a ride one an old burlap sack. It cost me $6 for the tickets for the two of us to go down the slide (I gave the left over tickets to some random mom with kids in tow); however one just cannot put a price on good nostalgia.










1 comment:

Gagger said...

Gorgeous pics!