Sunday, August 05, 2007

Weddings rarely go off without a hitch.

Angie and I traveled to Wilmington NC to attend my friend Tara's (Porcelina) wedding. She and Dan (F'em Dano) had met whet group of use went to the DC RDR a few years ago. On the way up and back I hit a few geocaches as well as a few other stops along the way. when we got there Friday evening we got there we attended a hash that the locals had set up for us with a trail hared by someone I knew from one of the previous hash cruises. On Saturday morning Angie and I went to the maritime museum of the 'USS North Carolina'. I've been on other naval ships, however this was the first real battleship, so I had a grand time running around the various areas of the ship and felt like I was a kid again running around the aircraft carrier 'Yorktown' back in Charleston. The wedding in the afternoon was lovely with it be set on the beach followed by a reception. I was sad to see one of my friends permanently moving away, but I know she'll be very happy. After all the wedding guests had left most of us, including the newlyweds, went across the street to a hole-in-the-wall bar to relax for the rest of the evening and had a great time sharing stories.

On the way back out on Sunday I hit the battleship again so I could check out a few more places and then went on to Charleston. I stopped my my grandparents graves in Paxsville for a short while and then checked on my pond and other family property in St. George for a little while. My friend Jason graciously allowed us to crash at his house for the evening. I stopped by Edisto Beach to deal with some business regarding the beach property before finally heading for home.









No comments: