Thursday, February 11, 2010

It is in fair weather that you prepare for foul.

As a last event of the day I headed over to the Fl State Fair for a little but to get in some night shots. Even though there was no admission for this evening, the crowds were extremely light, presumably due to the cold weather. I wanted to get in some light trail shots and also see if any of my photos won anything in the photo competition.

I submitted five or six shots of various categories and received two awards. One ribbon was an 'honorable mention' for a mosaic I created of Yellowstone's Morning Glory hot pool (all the tiles were unique photos taken in national parks). I also did get a '2nd place' ribbon for a photo I took in Venice, Italy in May of 2009. Although I took the photo myself (actually waited in the spot for over an hour to get just the right framing) and did my own editing, I was merely emulating a photo I had seen of a one-time favorite photographer of mine.














Update: Added a few day pics from a revisit to the fair a couple of days later (2/14/09)

















No comments: