Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Famous last words in Las Vegas..Give me the money I told you not to give me!

A month or so ago I had planned on going to Vegas for a few days to hang out for a little while and until just a couple of days ago I wasn't sure if I would end up going. The plans I originally made changed a bit, especially in light of a new potential job coming up, however it was still a good opportunity to enjoy some of the activities I had planned and maybe have a surprisingly relaxing time (as much as one can in a city that doesn't sleep and only turns out the lights for 5 minutes during Earth Day). After getting to the airport, my travel companion and I had to wait what seemed to be the longest amount of time I can ever recall for the bags to start showing up. After what seemed like 30 minutes, I finally decided to take the transport to the car rental agency and let my travel partner grab the bags so that I could deal with the paperwork and selection of the car in order to reduce total waiting time. Timing worked out well since just as I finished my travel companion arrived with the bags and we were ready to go. We headed to the Monte Carlo where a room had been booked as part of my friend's business trip, dropped off the bags, and then headed for a quick bite to eat on the strip. The last time I was in Vegas it was over 100 degrees out, so the cool weather was a nice change. After dinner and a few drinks, I decided to head out for a few hours to take in the sights and do some photography and play with some of the setting on the camera. I headed over the Bellagio to watch the fountain show and then over to the Luxor for a few shots, taking time to sneak into one of the hotel elevators so I could get a nice few of the inside of the pyramid structure.

Since I only planned to be in town for a few days, I didn't want to drastically change my sleep cycle so I turned in relatively early so I could get a fresh start in the morning and dome some hiking before it got too hot.




No comments: