Thursday, December 25, 2008

Just for a change, I woke my DOG from a sound sleep so I could go to the bathroom.

We got Kyra about a week ago and have been bit nervous about her behavior. We figure that she really hasn't had any proper training and had to pretty much fend for herself growing up, so recently she's been a bit snippy around other dogs or skittish even, but a little too dominating with Josie (Kristen's dog). After her mom had a grand idea, Kristen' got her brother's dog, Dakota, to come over to the house for a few days since he is young, energetic, and full of muscle. It was great to have had something with which Kyra could learn so appropriate behavior and not be so domineering. There is still a little bit of separation anxiety and she air snaps a lot, but I'm hoping that a good bit more training can resolve those issues.

We spent a good bit of Christmas at Kristen's parents home and had a really good time with my now accepted family. In attempts to better socialization skills, we've been taking Kyra along with us. She is doing a bit better, but I'm sure there is still a good bit of work ahead as there is with any young, untrained animal.




No comments: